Tuesday 24 January 2012

Luke Pearson-inspired stuff and other things

Here is a picture I did of Hilda and Twig from Luke Pearson's 'Hildafolk', playing.


Here is a panel by Luke Pearson from his sequel to 'Hildafolk': 'Hilda and the Midnight Giant'. His scenery and environments tend to be inspired by the Scandinavian countryside, which is a similar look and feel to what I would like the fantasy world involved within the storyline of what I plan to be my final piece would be like.  So, I drew an A4-sized artist's copy of the panel's background/scenery.




Here is an original piece, inspired by 'Hildafolk' and a sort-of imitation of Pearson's style, of my brownie character, Ninty.


Dinopopolous

This is the front cover of 'Dinopopolous' by Nick Edwards:


After reading 'Dinopopolous', I decided to draw a character inspired by the artist's style that I might use if I were to create a similar kind of comic/story and with a similar kind of tone to this comic book: 


This guy here just popped into my head one day.  He is kind of like what Blue (one of my characters, as featured in this post) might look like if he were more of a typical 'bad guy'.  (That being said, he is a separate character from Blue).


No comments:

Post a Comment