Saturday 21 January 2012

Experimentation - coloured paper

Because I plan to create a piece of concept art that revolves around the scene in my fictitious film, "Epiphany", I decided to experiment with forms and mediums; the ways I could create and present the concept art.

Recently I rediscovered a cartoon from my very early childhood known as "Towser", which inspired me to experiment with a different medium to the kind I usually go for - cutting and pasting paper - in order to try and achieve a similar style to the unique look the show has.

Here are screenshots from the episodes I referenced:



Here is a photo of the work in process, taken after I had completed the scenery and background but before I made and glued in Towser:



Here is the finished piece:



No comments:

Post a Comment